Thursday, April 26, 2012

XBox stikForce Fighters, PLEASE READ

OK, so... it has become apparent that people are starting to have a problem with the way I run stikForce on the XBox side. Just because I allow "questionable" tactics and put the same people on the LBs apparently means I'm a biased, uncaring individual for having people earn their spots on the LBs and giving everyone a fair chance. Do I endorse tactics like spamming or PTDs? Hell no, but unlike everyone questioning my authority I'm smart enough to know that when it comes to online gaming, try as you might there is no such thing as "fair play". If I go on to ban all the tactics people are complaining about, someone will eventually find a new cheap tactic that people will complain about, and eventually it'll reach the point where no matter what one person does, even if it seems fair, another person will have a problem with it. Who's to say that people won't start jab spamming or teep kick spamming or taking somebody down off a missed kick from the back leg and just holding you on the ground or taking it to the judges to score the win off those takedowns? What about people suddenly saying that if you throw more than one punch or kick, regardless of whether it was a hook or not, then you're spamming? (I have heard this one before, sadly.)
You see the point I'm trying to make, ridiculous as it may be? I've seen so many things related to online gaming to know that people will do anything to win and prove they're the #1 and not anybody else. You put rules in place, and those rules will be bent in some fashion by some guy just trying to prove he's the best and nothing else. It'll eventually reach a point where nobody will be allowed on the LBs because they're considered cheap, regardless of who they are and whether or not they're actually a cheap fighter or not.
OK, I'm done ranting now. I just needed to get that off my chest in hopes that people will start to realize that no matter what I do to try and make stikForce "fair", it won't matter in the end because there will always be one person out there who will still think things are unfair and biased and will do whatever it takes to keep getting rules added and things banned until eventually, nobody will want to participate anymore.
All that said, I bet you're all wondering what this has to do with stikForce and it's current roster? Plain and simple... I'm really starting to get frustrated with all of this, and my work schedule is not helping me in trying to stay calm and collected. Since the August LB is all about a tournament that will crown a "champion of champions" and if you take part in the tournament, you're in the LB unless our first round is so big a preliminary round needs to be done, I will be putting the weekly cards for XBox on hiatus until further notice. I don't feel calm enough to put up with doing these cards on a weekly basis at this point, and since this tournament puts you in the LB anyways these weekly cards serve no purpose because... well, what's the point of weekly cards to earn a spot on the LB when this tournament almost guarantees you an LB spot anyway, depending on the number of entrants?
I might start holding weekly cards again depending on how the tournament situation plays out and when I calm down enough to hold one without launching into some kind of explosive tirade that I'm sure no one wants to hear. So this is just a heads up that the weekly cards are currently on hiatus and I just want to take a break from stikForce activity and see how this tournament shapes up for XBox before I decide what to do.|||I have to agree with Rupp on everything he said. I won't go into details about my personal opinion on play styles. I've already went around and around with a few players and in the end it gets no where, Especially with the 360 side of stikForce. The problem is while I and Rupp would love to start enforcing more rules and punishments for cheap tactics we still have guidelines we have to follow with these events.
My original idea with stikForce was to remove it from these forums for all basic day to day information. Use an off site forum and set up weight classes and certain rules. However I was told that I can't require players to join a separate site and the only restrictions I can 100% enforce are the no real life likeness CAFs. While many of us hate it the PTD is apart of the game. Its not a glitch.
Now for those who think that Rupp shows favoritism you obviously have no idea whats going on. Sure some guys seem to get on every live broadcast. Only 1 person has as many Live Broadcast Appearances as me and thats JRod. I think only 1 of those was from the stikForce format. He like me worked our butts off while TRex was still running the Live Broadcast to earn our spots. Those that you see month to month are doing the same thing. They were showing up to the weekly cards putting in the time getting wins and creating interesting fights.
That was the point of the weekly cards. Many of you have no idea what it was like trying to get on the Live Broadcasts when they started but they required a TON of time and effort, especially the Prize Fighting Tournaments we held to kick the LBs off. We actually had requirements at that point to get on the LBs. We had to make hype videos we had to constantly be in the game and here on the forums to get our chances. I assume thats one of the reason that most of the original players in the Live Broadcast Group have went other ways because now its easy to get on a Live Broadcast if you try just a little.
Moving forward its too time consuming and players aren't putting in their efforts like some of us did and its wearing us all thin. So the tournament idea will be in play. My hopes for this is to stretch it out across a few months but thats all being discussed right now.
@Ruppy
you know I understand what you're saying and I'm glad we've had a few correspondence lately and worked some things out. But as I told you there we've put alot of time and effort into this to let it get us down. Together we've done something no other player or game has done. We've taken control of a back of the box feature and created something for the community. Thats a special thing so keep your head up buddy and together we'll ride this till the end.|||Wow I see that you guys got a lot of heart for this game. I respect that a lot from you both guys and hope to see you playing EA MMA 2 soon.|||Drama FTL, What am i supposed to reply here? Sympathy? pour my heart out? I really don't know.
I have an idea, F_ck Stikforce. Stupid name anyways.
:)|||


Drama FTL, What am i supposed to reply here? Sympathy? pour my heart out? I really don't know.
I have an idea, F_ck Stikforce. Stupid name anyways.
:)

Oh no somebody got a big mouth....maybe that mouth is useful sucking a *.|||ohh nooo I got insulted over the internet, what shall i doooo|||


ohh nooo I got insulted over the internet, what shall i doooo

Get off the internet and take your cry baby mouth with you.|||


ohh nooo I got insulted over the internet, what shall i doooo
maybe cry and tell ur mom some big meanie is making fun of u?
lol sorry im just trollin|||




Drama FTL, What am i supposed to reply here? Sympathy? pour my heart out? I really don't know.
I have an idea, F_ck Stikforce. Stupid name anyways.
:)

Oh no somebody got a big mouth....maybe that mouth is useful sucking a *.

I think he's coming on to you.
Kind of disappointing that this is going. I was looking forward to these weekly cards, although I can't blame you for getting stressed out after doing it for so long. Hopefully I'm around to see this tournament though, sounds interesting.|||I cant say I am surprised and to be honest...Stikforce is worthless right now.
I dont mean "Worthless" as in "It does nothing for this game" - It does alot for the community.
What I mean is, everybody just hops to different weight classes week after week. People just do what they like, when they like. As much as Rupp tries to keep everyone under control, people just cry and moan to him constantly. "why am i not fighting this guy" - "I want a title shot" - "Please Rupp!" etc . It is less headache for him just to give the crybabies what they want. This is no dig at Rupp by the way.
I prefer the idea of 1 overall champ. It allows "proper" rankings to be put into place instead of made up fairy tale ones and it has alot more "Meaning" in terms of being worthwhile.
Everybody will be forced to go for 1 belt instead of picking and choosing then crying to Rupp about what title they want a shot at..which in turns stops people fast tracking their way to title shots.
I am still unsure how the entire thing is going to be put on the August LB though. seems like a hell of alot to fit into one LB considering the issues LBs have :)
Who ever wins this will certainly have their work cut out for them...
|||No real rankings, the so called ranking it did have never got update, ppl were jumping around from weight to weight and CAF to roster fighters each week, no rules on the cheat tactics (the "if I make a rule someone will find another cheat" excuse isnt a good one Rupp. You still need to at least attempt to promote fair play), players had too much say in who they fight, LB always had problems and the same ppl got on it each time. Who didnt see this coming?
Respect to Rupp for his time tho.|||Honestly Rupp my biggest problem was the time and day of the weekly cards. Cant get more inconvenient than Friday nights.
I have no issue with no rules as far as how you fight. It isnt your fault people turned it into an exploit fest. I assumed the lack of rules wouldnt mean half the league came out fishing for a parry td to parry kneebar every fight or whatever. I always played fairly because i have respect for myself and was just involved to have fun. unfortunately not many share that frame of mind.
The part i didnt like was the matchmaking. A lot of guys cherry picked favorable matchups and got rewarded with title shots for it. When two different people cried about fighting top contenders then got title shots instead it made the whole thing a joke to me and honestly made me lose respect for my own title.
I also didnt like that i had to vacate my title two weeks after defending it because you werent having title fights on the LB. I guess my understanding was that the whole point of the league was to become a champ so you could fight on LB's. I was the champ, I defended my belt, i never exploited and i put on wars every time i fought. I honestly felt i was setting the example for what it takes to get on LB's but instead I get told title fights arent going to be in the LB and you need to vacate your belt to go on vacation over the fourth of July. lame. Not to mention you had the title fight on the LB anyways and just as easily could have had me defend as have those two fight for it.
|||If you want a fair league, join the UFF.
http://ultimatefightingfederation.net/board/forum.php

At least their owner doesn't take a nervous brake down every time a problem arises.|||


If you want a fair league, join the UFF.
http://ultimatefightingfederation.net/board/forum.php

At least their owner doesn't take a nervous brake down every time a problem arises.

I had trouble reading that last bit bro so thought I would enlarge it.
Whats with the tiny font ?

No comments:

Post a Comment