Friday, April 20, 2012

MiddleEasy.com Presents: Heavyweight Grand Prix 2 - June 15th Live Broadcast

Hey EA Sports MMA Community! I'm excited to announce that we are partnering with our good friends over at MiddleEasy.com for another Heavyweight Grand Prix Broadcast on Wednesday June 18th. We're looking to predict the future by simulating the fights from the Grand Prix with MiddleEasy taking a fighter, and members of our own community taking the other. As always, we'll have the Live Chat up with voting polls so YOU can ring in with your predictions. We'll even hear from the Fight Professor himself Stephen Quadros on who he thinks is winning.
Needless to say by the end of the night we should have a good idea of who is actually going to win when the real deal happens on Saturday June 18th. We've also got some footage of Josh Barnett's visit to EA that we'll be including in the show, and well also have a few stikForce Heavyweight fights. Stik, Rupp and King will have more information on how we will be determining the community participants for this event, look for more news to follow shortly.|||I may be the LW champion, but i can bulk up to 210 pounds to be in this :)
I sat out on the last LB so hopefully i will get in.|||Btw we should have Joker Vs. Divine on this LB... for the HW title.|||Adding on a bit to what Preston said, the basic format for both sides (though I can't give a 100% guarantee on this for PS3) is that each console will have two cards, with the first card consisting of a Live Chat fight followed by a fight to simulate the actual Strikeforce HW Grand Prix and ending with a MiddleEasy fight, then the second card following the same format expect a stikForce fight will replace the Live Chat fight.
Now, I bet the Xbox guys are wondering how I’m going to decide who represents the community and stikForce against MiddleEasy. Here’s what I plan on doing, and the idea comes from a combination of the actual Strikeforce Grand Prix going on right now and the MW Grand Prix that Brotha Lynch is holding with Jrod willing to put his MW Title on the line against the winner.
Here’s what we’re going to do: sometime in the coming days (I haven’t figured out a date yet, but probably sometime next weekend as I’m busy with work-related stuff all this weekend and won’t be available) I’m going to hold a little HW Grand Prix of my own. I’m looking to set up eight total 1st round fights like the actual Grand Prix, so I’m hoping to get 16 entrants but I’ll alter things if we have less. I’m not going to restrict you guys so I’ll allow any HW fighter (since these are all HW fights).
This is being updated due to a bit of a commuication error with MiddleEasy. Basically, they were under the impression that all the XBox slots for the Grand Prix bouts were theirs, and after Preston did some negotiating with them the community will only have one fighter now, that being Brett Rogers. So now the winner of the stikForce HW Grand Prix will be the only one participating from the tournament and he will be using Brett "The Grim" Rogers. Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to hold this Grand Prix so the winner has plenty of time afterwards to work with him and get used to him before the event. And just to sweeten the deal a bit and try to encourage participation from both current stikForce fighters and new guys wanting to jump in… not only will the winner fight using Rogers on this LB, but the winner will also be guaranteed a shot at the HW Title (currently held by Jok3er3700) at some point in the future, whether it be on a future stikForce LB or in a weekly card since I can’t guarantee an LB spot depending on how things look going forward.
So, to sum up this Grand Prix:
  • Looking for 16 fighters for 8 1st round matches, and will adjust if less sign up. In the case of more people interested signing up, I’ll take the first 16 sign-ups and make the rest alternates just in case. You don’t have to be a part of stikForce to sign up.

  • You can use any HW fighter (in-game or CAF) that you want.

  • The winner of the finals gets a guaranteed HW Title shot in the future, as well as the opportunity to fight as Brett Rogers against MiddleEasy's Josh Barnett on the LB.

With that out of the way, I’ll now address the other two non-MiddleEasy related things on this card as far as Xbox is concerned. Obviously, they’ll get two fights to do, and I also have two fights to work with. The first one will be a Live Chat fight at HW (that won’t change no matter what) and for that, I’ll be looking moreso for non-stikForce guys to give some completely fresh faces an opportunity, resorting only to stikForce guys if absolutely necessary though I’m doubting that’ll happen at this point. Then there’s the stikForce fight on the second card. Preston originally told me it would have to be a non-title fight, but then he told me later that we could try and risk running a HW Title bout. I’ll double check with Jok3er3700 to make sure he’ll be able to fight on that night before I decide what I’ll do. If Jok3er can make it, he’ll put his title on the line. If he can’t, then I’ll find a non-title HW bout to do. Like usual, that fight will be determined by the weekly cards (or card in this case, since I’m not doing a card this week due to both this being a stikForce LB week and my own lack of availability this weekend, plus Brotha Lynch wants to run his MW Grand Prix this weekend so I’ll let him do that) regardless of whether or not it’s a title fight, though I do have a thing or two in the works for how I’ll make it easier on myself to decide who fights regardless of whether it’s a title fight or not.|||Sign me up for the hw tourney|||Even though im retired i will definitely join in if you'll have me in the grand prix. The good competition makes me want to come out and play.
So class this as my official "I want in on this" post
Good luck to all who participate and hopefully i'l make it in.
|||sign me up|||I'm going to win this tourney. Then win on the LB with Werdum. Watch...|||I would love to fight in this!
gt KingPsycho87|||im in for the ps3 side|||sign me up for the hw tourney|||sounds good im in!|||I WOULD LOVE TO GET IN THIS! Sign me up :)|||I'd love to be in! Saw the Tournament notice and just had to sign up =) xbox 360: soybased|||i want in please rupp

No comments:

Post a Comment